SETAC EUROPE - German-Language Branch e.V. (SETAC GLB) is a regional branch of SETAC Europe, representing the interest of SETAC in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland. SETAC GLB provides an open forum in the region of Germany, Austria and Switzerland for scientists and institutions engaged in the study of environmental problems, management and regulation of natural resources,education, research and development, and manufacturing.
SETAC GLB organises an annual German language meeting with the main purpose to provide an overview about regional research and developments in the field of ecotoxicology and environmental chemistry and to support contacts between people from academia, government or industry involved in this area.
Visit our homepage: http://www.setac-glb.org/
- A special issue of the German SETAC-GLB associated journal UWSF – Z Umweltchem Ökotox (UWSF) in 2006 addressed the history of ecotoxicology and environmental chemistry in the German-language region. Downloads in open access
- Thematic series in Environmental Sciences Europe (ESEU) related to SETAC GLB (updated frequently):
- This year, September 5 – 8, the annual meeting of the SETAC GLB will take place at University of Tübingen, Germany: http://www.setac-glb.de/Tagung-2016.424.0.html
- Young Scientist SETAC GLB Award. SETAC GLB awards an annual prize sponsored by FCI and Rifcon to contribute to an improvement in environmental education and science. Further details
- SETAC GLB is also engaged in improving the further education of eco-toxicologists. In 2005 SETAC GLB and the Gesellschaft Deutscher Chemiker (GDCh) have started a post-gradual training course completed by a certificate ('Certified Ecotoxicologist’). Further details
- Job offers
- Commentary on Financial Research Support for Ecotoxicology and Environmental Chemistry in Germany - Results of an Online Survey